Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Beautiful Cooking 2 With Charmaine!

Hey guys! I just came back from watching Beautiful Cooking 2!
Sadly, I wasn't allowed to take ANY pictures at all.
So, I'm just gonna write out what happened.

Actually, before I tell you that, I have something honestly weird to tell 
you guys.
Last night, I was in a taxi going to my friends house. At around 8:45pm-ish, I looked outside the window and I saw a yellow SMART car. This made me think about the rumors between Kevin and Charmaine. So, as my taxi drove somewhat next to the yellow SMART car, I glanced inside. What I saw was a man driving the car and he was wearing a cap. I didn't get a clear look at his face but he resembled Kevin Cheng a bit. Next to him
 was a female who was also wearing a cap. She had a high and narrow nose, but for her as well, I couldn't see who she was. Both of them looked at me and then suddenly, the man stepped on his gas and raced his car far beyond my taxi. I saw that the woman's head went down and put her head on the man's shoulder. As my taxi kept going forward, I saw that they had turned into a street corner and was going down toward the hill at FULL speed. I'm quite sure that the woman was not Charmaine because the nose looked nothing like Charmaine's. Maybe I should've looked a little longer at them because then I might have figured out who they were. It all happened too quick. However, I'm 99% sure they were celebrities because of their reaction and the fact that they both wore caps.

Anyway, I should go on and talk about my day watching Beautiful Cooking 2.

BEWARE: The content below may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk!

So, today, I went with my friend and h
er parents to Kowloon Tong at around 5:45pm to wait for the TVB car to take us to TVB City. We thought we were really early already since the TVB bus isn't supposed to arrive till 6:15. But, when we got there there was already a HUGE lineup. Standing in the blazing heat for half an hour (trust me, I seriously thought I was in an oven), the TVB buses finally came. Originally, I had thought that the "TVB Buses" would have the TVB signs all over it. Turns out, TVB had hired ordinary Citybuses (the street bus company that operates in HK) to take us there. While getting on the bus, a TVB worker checked our tickets one by one and ripped an ugly rip into the ticket. (lol) Anyway, there weren't much seats left when I got on so I had to sit next to this nasty stranger woman. (Why do I call her nasty? You'll find out later.) The drive to TVB City took a while and we arrived in TVB at around 6:50PM. (While we passed through TVB City, I saw lots of props and a whole street that was in 30's theme!)However, we weren't allowed into the Beautiful Cooking recording studio yet because we had to wait for all the buses to come. The nasty woman next to me kept elbowing and shoving me because she was trying to see if the doors to the studio was being opened yet. Then, suddenly, when the doors to the studio opened, she got up and shoved her huge butt in my face! I know I sound mean here, but I don't think any of you guys could imagine how that felt. Jeez, woman. I didn't really think it would make that much of a difference if she waited till I got off first, instead of trying to get off while I was at the aisle seat 0_0" Enough about that, when we finally entered the studio, we were allowed to pick our seats. Luckily, my friend and I were able to grab front row seats while her parents ended up in the mountain (lol.) For some reason, there were more audience than TVB expected (it was the highest number of audience ever for this show) so some people ended up sitting on temporary benches that got added as they came in. When everyone was seated and was annoyed by this woman about all the rules, it was almost 8pm. 

The angels came out and asked the audience some really easy peasy questions so that they could get some prizes. One of the question was, "Does anybody know what day of the week it is?" Sadly, I wasn't permitted to answer the questions because I was under 18 and wasn't allowed to get any of those prizes. Then, the angels introduced the judges, Edmond Leung, Alex Fong, and Ronald Cheng. The judges introduced the beautiful cooks (guest stars): Aimee Chan, Carrie Lam, and Charmaine Sheh! It was cute because Charmaine walked out at the wrong time. They talked a bit but this was all just an intro to the audience because they all went behind the scenes again and came out again to film their "actual" introduction (The one you will eventually see on TV). The angels danced twice because something went wrong the first time and they had to refilm it.

Aimee Chan was put in the pink ice cream kitchen.
Charmaine Sheh was put in the green lollipop kitchen.
Carrie Lam was put in the yellow (I forgot what.) kitchen.

I just have to say, out of all of them, Charmaine looked the most stunning! Aimee isn't exactly pretty, but she isn't ugly either. She's actually quite average looking, though I found her cute while she was cooking. She was wearing a white t-shirt, black pants, and gold heels. I quite liked her outfit!
Carrie Lam was rather annoying through the show because she kept endlessly talking, whining about how she didn't know this or that or asking questions on how to cook this or that. She was dressed in a black mini-dress and high heels (as if she wasn't tall enough >.>) Let's just say... I didn't like her look.
Charmaine was super pretty!! She had her straight hair down and she was
 wearing this white shirt (don't know how to explain it) with a tank top inside, jeans, and white heels! It matched her really really well! She kept reapplying her makeup by herself throughout the show though, and guess which compact she was using? Yup, its the one that Raymond also used back in good ol' days of DOL.
The guest helpers for each of the beauties were as follows:

Aimee - Raymond Chiu
Charmaine - Her mom
Carrie - (Sorry, I forgot his name; It was Berry or something. He's a magician,  i think?)

The Guest Judges were:
Yuen Wah, Yeung Tin Ming (Feng Shui Master) and Chef Zhou Chong.

I don't exactly want to type out what happened during the show: One, because it's already 2:18AM and I want to sleep and Two, you guys will eventually watch it anyway.

So, I'll spend the rest of the time typing about more "personal" encounters.
I said I sat in the first row right? I was SO CLOSE to all the people! The resting table for the angels and the guest stars was pretty much right in front of me. (It was like 7 feet away from me). The angels sat there while the beauties cooked and wow~ they are unprofessional. Kibby fell asleep, Yuri was texting on her phone, the rest were doing their makeup, checking themselves out with the reflection on their cell phone, or just chatting loudly. However, I do have to say, Kibby is the prettiest out of all of them in real life. By the way, I saw that Yuri has a red tattoo on her arm, did you guys know that? As well, she happens to be the shortest, and the flabbiest...but she also dances the best. (lol)

Anyway, while the judges were tasting the other beauties' food, Charmaine was sitting at the table in front of me! (I had such a clear view!!) I just wanted to go up to her and ask for her autograph but the TVB security person was also right in front of me 0_0" Anyway, she is SO PRETTY!!!!! And she's also very nice to her mom. When they walked towards the resting table, she pulled out a chair for her mom and told her to sit down first. As well, during the cooking sessions, Charmaine was really sweet and said, "Thank you mom!" in english.

For the first round, Charmaine got perfect scores. Haha, but if you guys watch it, you would realize that her mom did most of the work. (lol) For the second round, Charmaine didn't do bad either (her mom shouted across the room to help her, lol). The audience was requested to leave at 11:20-ish PM but the scores haven't been announced yet. If my brain math is doing right, I believe Charmaine had gotten a total score of 113.5 (Something like that). This would mean she currently ranks at around the 7th place on the total rankings chart. (this is based on everything, even the episodes that have not been aired yet. I know this because the ranking chart was also in front of me :P)

As for the part where the beauties had to reach in and feel what was inside the box, that was so hilarious! Their blindfolds were designed interestingly this time because the eyes design on the blindfold was funny-looking. The ingredient that was inside the box was a rock fish (I think that's what it's called in english?). When Charmaine reached in, she used one finger and kept poking around. And then, when she finally touched the fish, she kept flicking it around and torturing the poor animal. It was so hilarious! I hope they won't cut that part out in the TV version.

The judges called this particular episode a "special edition" because there was a lot of audience, there was no session with the two beauty cooks, and this was a "miss hong kong edition".
I guess since this episode is airing in August 2009, it's somewhat of a promotion of Ms Hong Kong. Though I think nothing will change the disappointment in this year's candidates. :(

Okay.. we were asked to leave at around 11:20ish. This was already a gain on our part because the audience is usually asked to leave at 11:00 sharp. As we walked out, they gave us a goody bag and as we walked out, the staff there kept shoving stuff in it. 


I ended up with 3 packs of cookies, 3 packs of chips, a bottle of sesame oil, a box of sauce, and a bakery shop coupon. The cookies tasted really good! Haha, I ate one whole pack of cookies right outside the studio because I hadn't eaten for the whole day. As for the other things, I'm not so into seaweed chips, nor do I know what I need sesame oil or Gu Lo sauce for. 

Since we were OUTSIDE of the studio but still inside TVB City, I assumed we were allowed to take pictures. I didn't use flash just in case and I was able to sneak a few pictures before this guy came right up to me and told me stop taking pictures.


Here is a shot of a TVB vehicle. I think this type is used for news reporters.


This was what the outside of the studio looked light. When we first arrived, the sign was lit up, but when we left, it's not. It's actually the 41st anniversary sign that we saw during the anniversary ceremony. Next to this studio was the Super Trio Supreme's styrofoam thing. I learnt that that was actually filmed outdoors because the set was right next to here!

I apologize that the photos are of sucky quality. I didn't use flash and I was sneaking the photos.
Hehs~
Anyway, it's 2:45 AM right now. I HAVE to sleep...still have school tmr at 6AM.
And I have to charge it up to watch Raymond's concert!!!

-bling*bling

4 comments:

Qingwa said...

Thank for sharing interesting and enjoyable trip.

Can't wait to see "Beautiful Cooking 2 With Charmaine!"

sehseh said...

Thanks for sharing :D

Looking forward for your Ray Concert update!

Unknown said...

cool ... how did u manage to get the tickets?

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing and yeah, was just wondering how you were able to get your tickets? thanks :)